|1mg × 60 pills||$53.95||US $ 0.90|
|1mg × 90 pills||$71.95||US $ 0.80|
|1mg × 180 pills||$125.95||US $ 0.70|
|1mg × 240 pills||$155.95||US $ 0.65|
|1mg × 300 pills||$188.95||US $ 0.63|
|5mg × 60 pills||$77.95||US $ 1.30|
|5mg × 90 pills||$103.95||US $ 1.16|
|5mg × 180 pills||$158.95||US $ 0.88|
What is finasteride?
- Finasteride prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and hair loss.
- Finasteride is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). Finasteride is also used to reduce hair loss due to male pattern baldness.
- Finasteride may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Finasteride was approved initially in 1992 as Proscar, a treatment for prostate enlargement, but the sponsor had studied 1 mg of finasteride and demonstrated hair growth in male pattern hair loss. On December 22, 1997, the FDA approved finasteride to treat male pattern hair loss.
The Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial (PCPT) showed at a dosage of 5mg per day, as is commonly prescribed for BPH, though much higher than the 1mg generally prescribed for hair loss, participants taking finasteride were 25% less likely to have developed prostate cancer at the end of the trial compared to those taking a placebo. Further, finasteride increased the specificity and selectivity of prostate cancer detection, thus, a seemly increased rate of high Gleason grade tumor.
Recognized side effects, experienced by around >1% of users, include erectile dysfunction, and less often gynecomastia (breast gland enlargement). As expected from its short 6-8 hour half-life, in trial studies, side effects ceased after dosage was discontinued.
Drug trade names include Propecia and Proscar, both products of Merck & Co. (the former is marketed for hair loss in male pattern baldness, and the latter for BPH). There is 1 mg of finasteride in Propecia and 5 mg in Proscar.
Several companies outside the US currently manufacture generic finasteride:
* Cipla (trade names Fincar and Finpecia)
* Dr. Reddy's (trade names Finax and Finast),
* Ranbaxy (trade name Finara)
* Intas (trade name Finalo)
* Aleppo Pharmaceutical (trade name Prosteride)
Propecia Manufacturer's website
Proscar Manufacturer's website
More info: Finasteride wikipedia
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking finasteride?
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have liver disease. You may not be able to take finasteride, or you may need a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment.
- Finasteride is intended for use by men only.
- Finasteride is not indicated for use by women. Do not take or handle this medication if you are pregnant or are could become pregnant during treatment. Finasteride is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that it is known to cause birth defects in an unborn baby. Women who are or who may become pregnant must not handle crushed or broken finasteride tablets. The medication could be absorbed through the skin. Finasteride is known to cause birth defects in a developing male baby. Exposure to whole tablets should be avoided whenever possible, however exposure to whole tablets is not expected to be harmful as long as the tablets are not swallowed.
- It is not known whether finasteride passes into breast milk. Finasteride is not intended for use by women. Do not take this medication if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take finasteride?
- Take finasteride exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
- Take each dose with a full glass of water.
- Finasteride can be taken with or without food.
- It is important to take finasteride regularly to get the most benefit.
- Your doctor may perform blood tests or other forms of monitoring during treatment with finasteride. One of the tests that may be performed is called PSA (prostate-specific antigen). This test is used to help detect prostate cancer. Finasteride will reduce the amount of PSA measured in the blood. Your doctor is aware of this effect and can still use PSA to help detect prostate cancer.
- Store this medication at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose unless otherwise directed.
What happens if I overdose?
- Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
- Symptoms of a finasteride overdose are not known.
What should I avoid while taking finasteride?
- There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activities during treatment with finasteride unless your doctor directs otherwise.
What are the possible side effects of finasteride?
- Stop taking finasteride and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
- Other, less serious side effects have been reported but usually resolve with continued treatment. Continue to take finasteride and notify your doctor if you experience
- decreased libido (sex drive);
- decreased volume of ejaculate;
- impotence (trouble getting or keeping an erection); or
- breast tenderness or enlargement.
- Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
What drug(s) may interact with finasteride?
- some blood pressure medications
- male hormones (example: testosterone)
- saw palmetto
- soy isoflavones supplements
Where can I buy Finasteride? Where can I buy Propecia? Where can I buy Proscar?
- In our online pharmacy you only can buy Finasteride - Generic equivalent for brand-name drug Propecia and Proscar!
- You can't buy Propecia brand-name in our pharmacy. We don't sell brand-name Propecia.
- You can't buy Propscar brand-name in our pharmacy. We don't sell brand-name Proscar.
- Your can buy generic Finasteride only.